In today's issue of "Doctor" we will discuss the topic "Allergies as a psychosomatic disease and their homeopathic treatment". My interlocutor is Dr. Iskra Kapincheva, and the reason for this interview is the presentation that Dr. Kapincheva gave at the Eighth Conference on Schussler Therapy and Homeopathy, held on March 16 and 17 of this year. in Stara Zagora. In her presentation, she emphasizes the psychosomatic predisposition in allergies and how the allergic manifestation can be controlled with the means of homeopathy.
Dr. Kapincheva, let's start like this: can various factors from the micro- and macro world surrounding us affect the psyche and this, in turn, trigger various diseases, including and allergic?
- Man is an open dynamic system that responds to stimuli from the environment - natural and social. Everyone responds accordingly, as determined by their genotype and their past life experiences. Some reactions are extremely violent and can even threaten a person's life. But some people react, others don't. Why?
Clemens von Pirke introduced the term "Allergy" in 1902. The word is of Greek origin and means "another way of responding". This term refers to hypersensitivity reactions to environmental factors that manifest themselves on the skin (our largest organ of contact, communication), as well as through the respiratory and digestive systems (systems through which we exchange with the environment). Psychosomatics has been developing since the beginning of the 20th century. Adherents of psychosomatic medicine accept allergy not as a random phenomenon, but as an event that fits into a psycho-organic whole and manifests itself at a certain time in a given place.
We all know that allergy is caused by various allergens from the environment. However, to what extent do personality and emotions play any role in the occurrence and development of allergic manifestations?
- When the body is threatened by a physical, chemical or mental agent, it reacts by mobilizing all its defenses. In case of prolonged stress or a sudden emotional shock along the PNEI axis (psyche - nervous system - endocrine system - immune system), the body reacts through various reactions of the physical body. His reaction to mental stress also depends on what the person is like, how he perceives the world around him, how he has learned to deal with the problems that have arisen. The body reflects our psyche. Tell me what's wrong with you and I'll tell you what kind of person you are. The body never lies.
What is an allergy an expression of from a psychosomatic point of view?
- From a psychosomatic point of view, the body is activated as a material aid in which the unresolved problem manifests itself in symbolic form. According to Dr. Rüdiger Dahlke, "allergy is an expression of a strong defense and aggressiveness that is pushed into the body". The allergic person has problems with his aggressiveness, which, however, he does not admit to himself and therefore usually does not experience. It is known how closely aggression is related to fear. One always fights only what one fears. With a closer look at the preferred allergens, we can determine which areas of life instill so much fear in the allergic person that he fights against some symbolic representative with such bait.
Which psychological traumas can most often cause an allergic reaction and why? In the presentation, you mention that most people with asthma or allergies were deprived of maternal affection in childhood. Is there any research in this regard?
- In 1948 in the Journal of the American Association of Psychosomatic Medicine, a study by Dr. Miller and Dorothy Baruch "Psychosomatic Study of Children with Allergic Manifestations" was published. They conclude that in the group of children with allergies, 62 out of a total of 63 children suffered from maternal rejection, i.e. 98.4%. While in the group of children without allergy, these figures are 9 out of 37 children, i.e. 24.3%. The difference is telling. In 1941, F. Alexander and his school in Chicago proved the emotional instability of allergic people, whose childhood seemed marked by severe affective conflicts.
Dr. Kapincheva, let's talk about the treatment. In your presentation, you say that modern conventional allergy treatment only gives a temporary effect. And what does homeopathy offer? How can she deal "successfully and harmlessly" with allergies?
- Homeopathy regards diseases as dynamic disorders of the spiritual, vital principle in the sensations and functions of the living organism. To find such a homeopathic remedy, we not only examine the patient and look at his laboratory tests, but also inquire about problems on 3 levels - mind, emotions and physical body. We also ask about his life path, about the stresses and traumas he has experienced, about his lifestyle. Our medicines do not cause allergies, but in accordance with the law of likeness restore he alth and vital harmony.
Can you indicate specific cases from your practice?
- The cases are many. One of my first cases in practice was a man with allergic sinusitis. After taking the case, it turned out that it was unlocked after a severe love disappointment, and a well-chosen homeopathic remedy solved the problem in months. Or the following situations:
• unlocked allergic rhinitis due to mother-in-law intolerance;
• unlocked asthma due to repressed anger towards the father who drinks and bullies the whole family;
• a very protective mother who does not let her child even breathe alone and he accordingly develops bronchial asthma.
See, in childhood we mirror our parents. Very often, working with the mother and father, the child only gets better.
The world is not malicious. No one wants to harm us. We are all connected - people, animals, plants. No one can exist alone and we must learn to live together. To be he althy, we must be adaptable. The human body has extraordinary capacities for recovery and adaptation. We just have to give it a chance.