This is what one of the iconic doctors of our time, the Russian doctor Alexander Myasnikov, known to our readers from a number of publications, claims. However, it turns out that if such people undergo 24-hour or 48-hour monitoring, their indicators will differ from normal. And this has clinical significance: the risk of heart attacks in such people is significantly higher than average! He also recalls the opposite option, referring to the so-called "white coat hypertension", i.e. at home the blood pressure is normal, but at the doctor's it is elevated. Therefore, nowadays, all people with suspected arterial hypertension are sent to a holter with 24-hour monitoring. This is a very efficient diagnostic method.
According to the results of the 24-hour monitoring, the data is interpreted as follows:
• Average daily arterial pressure - if it is lower than 135/80, it is normal, if it is higher, it is already hypertension;
• Average daily arterial pressure during 24-hour monitoring - if the indicators are 140/90 it is normal, if they are higher - it is pathology;
• Midnight arterial pressure - 125/75 - norm, higher indicators - pathology
Nocturnal arterial pressure has its nuances. In general, it is normal at night for it to drop by 10-15% compared to daytime values. This applies to both he althy people and hypertensives. But there is a group of people whose blood pressure does not drop at night. And this should sharpen the doctor's attention: such a patient requires more careful monitoring, because research shows that they have an increased risk of vascular complications.
“In this regard - says Dr. Myasnikov - I want to ask you: do you still treat medical statistics with disdain? It's high time you get your bearings and realize that this is no joke.
Doctor Alexander Myasnikov
Hypertension has many targets - not only the head, but also the heart, kidneys and eyes! "The Russian school of doctors, of which my grandfather is a prominent representative - says Dr. Myasnikov - traced the direct connection between the occurrence of arterial hypertension and the activity of the central nervous system. All of us in our daily life have faced situations when stress or as we usually call it "nerves" are "transformed" into increased blood pressure. My grandfather called hypertension "the disease of repressed emotions"! For millennia, a stressful situation has been defined for man as an immediate need to act.
Today's times are different, emotions are different. The boss, without knowing the situation, shouts at you and humiliates you, you clench your fists, a strong release of hormones begins, blood vessels constrict, the heart begins to beat strongly and … nothing! You swallow, turn around and go out… If only you hadn't "bowed your head", and thus the blood pressure remains elevated. You can still think, you can go back to the boss's office… But just at that moment your wife calls… about something stupid. And here is another provocation. Your blood vessels simply don't have time to relax. In general, nowadays in our society one cannot pour out one's emotions. And so the hypertension deepens, now the baroreceptors perceive this increased arterial pressure as normal - as if it is "past-gone"!"
Of course, the pathogenesis of hypertensive disease is significantly more complex than the simple involvement of the nervous system. The main role belongs to the many hormones, enzymes and biologically active substances that are produced in the kidneys, in the vascular wall, in the adrenal glands and in many other places. The main organ regulating blood pressure is the kidneys. In some situations, often genetically determined, in order for the kidneys to function normally and to excrete water and s alt, they need increased arterial pressure. Here is a typical "master-master" situation, when the kidneys begin to exert pressure, providing themselves with a normal level of filtration, while other target organs suffer. Therefore, in some countries, hypertension is treated not by cardiologists, but by nephrologists.
Discussing the mechanisms for the development of arterial hypertension, we should not bypass the subject of table s alt - sodium chloride. High s alt consumption is dangerous not only for the development of arterial hypertension, but is also a real danger of premature death. Even if people previously had normal blood pressure. We, the people of the Slavic countries, use more s alt than anyone else on this planet - 12 grams per day. And the norm is 6 grams or one teaspoon per day. This corresponds to 2.3 grams of sodium, which makes up 40% of the total amount of table s alt. This is the maximum for the he althy person who wants to stay he althy later in life.
Do not consume more than 1.5 g of sodium per day (less than 4 g) if:
1. You are 51 years of age and older
2. You have high blood pressure
3. You suffer from diabetes
4. Kidney diseases
5. Diseases of the heart and blood vessels
The truth is that most of us use three times as much s alt. But the situation is even worse, because we get 80% of the s alt in the products, so we have to read the sodium content in them on the labels.
See which products are the most saturated with sodium:
2. All types of charcuterie, meat cooking, sausages, sausages, bacon
3. Packaged soups and all kinds of canned goods
4. Carbonated drinks, from which "to soften" release calcium and saturate with sodium. Including. and the tomato juice
5. Pizza and all kinds of pasta. Everyone
6. Frozen meat, chicken and fish
7. The many varieties of cheese as well as cottage cheese
What shall we eat?
The answer to this question is quite difficult
However, we can still do something for ourselves, assures Dr. Alexander Myasnikov
1. Throw away the s alt shakers and don't buy s alt. It sounds downright cruel and hard to do, it is. But if you're going to war for your own he alth, let it be like war
2. Focus on vegetables and fruits. I remind you - half a kilogram a day of both
3. Avoid fast food places
4. Imported and a number of domestic products contain indications of sodium content per unit volume on the label: search for this text, read and buy those products where 140-200 mg is indicated. sodium
5. And the most important thing: don't accustom your children to overs alted food, our taste is already distorted anyway, and what taste we will form in children, that depends entirely on us