Heart tumor causes heart failure

Table of contents:

Heart tumor causes heart failure
Heart tumor causes heart failure

Please answer why it occurs, how it manifests and can a heart tumor be treated?

V. P. - Burgas

Specialists indicate several different risk factors for the development of neoplasms in the area of the heart muscle:

• ionizing radiation;

• impact of various carcinogens – chemical and industrial;

• smoking;

• chronic inflammation;

• heart trauma;

• congenital mutations also have a negative impact.

The most common tumor of the heart is myxoma of the left atrium, experts explain. This is a benign tumor that increases in size and disrupts the heart's activity. This condition manifests itself with the following symptoms:

• shortness of breath occurs - first on exertion, then on minimal activity;

• rapid heartbeat occurs;

• dull pains develop in the region of the heart;

• fluctuations in blood pressure occur;

• increasing weakness occurs.

To establish the diagnosis, data from the examination and auscultation of the heart are required (with a tumor there may be skipping or noises). As well as ultrasound of the organ; chest X-ray, as well as computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging. This is how the presence of a tumor is confirmed and the most correct treatment method is selected.

In most cases, surgery is necessary, as the heart tumor grows over time and disrupts its activity, which causes shortness of breath, chest pains, and in severe cases – seizures, thrombosis, stroke. Therefore, when the indicated signs occur, do not wait for it to pass, but seek medical help and undergo tests as soon as possible.

About 60-80% of tumors (the remaining 20% are congenital) of the heart are associated with spontaneous mutations against the background of carcinogenic factors, experts explain: ionizing radiation; chronic intoxications (smoking, alcohol, s alts and vapors of heavy metals); chronic infections (cytomegalovirus, HIV, herpes, etc.); constant and pronounced stress; glucocorticoid intake. And these are controllable factors that can be removed or corrected to avoid problems.

All prognosis for a person with a heart tumor depends on at least two factors, experts explain. From the type of tumor and the rate of its growth. If the tumor is small and grows slowly, the person's condition can remain stable for many years. If it increases rapidly, surgical treatment and, less often, chemotherapy and radiotherapy are necessary. That's why cardiologists insist that you treat your he alth carefully and if you feel short of breath, if you get fainting spells, heart palpitations, and pain in the heart, to contact a specialist in time.